In-home CPR classes for families living in the Greater Boston, North Shore, South Shore, Metro-West areas.
Classes taught are the American Heart Association’s Family and Friends curriculum and focus on infants and children.
Teresa decided to become a CPR instructor in 2007 after her daughter choked (twice!) before her first birthday. Going through those emotional, traumatic experiences motivated Teresa to become certified through the American Heart Association. Her goal is to help you develop the skills, confidence and knowledge so if you should ever be in a similar situation, you too, can save a child’s life.
Every parent wants to keep his child safe!
Would you know what to do if your baby or child was injured? Do you know how to prevent common childhood injuries? Would you be able to perform life-saving skills on a baby or child who was choking? Have you taken a CPR class in the last two years?
If you answered “no” to any of those questions, it’s time to take a CPR class! Please read below about how to schedule a class and the package options.
Teresa offers the American Heart Association’s Family and Friends CPR curriculum (Please note: this is not certification, but was specifically designed, as the name implies, for family and friends). The class includes a book for each couple. Teresa follows the principles of Adult Learning and teaches with a mixture of demonstration, lecture, answering your questions and plenty of hands-on practice!
- Infant CPR (birth to one-year- old) – 2 hours; includes CPR, choke-saving skills, Safe Sleep guidelines/ SIDS prevention strategies, baby-proofing tips.
- Child CPR (ages 1-8 years old)- 2 hours; includes CPR, choke-saving skills; child-proofing tips.
- Combo of Infant and Child CPR– 3 hours: There are differences between infant and child CPR and choke-saving skills. This class will allow you to learn and practice the skills for both age groups.
Additional Topics: Teresa also teaches basic first aid and other infant/child health and safety topics. She can customize classes to meet a family’s needs. Topics she can cover include:
- Basic first aid for infants and toddlers (injuries from falls, head wounds and concussions, epi-pens, breathing emergencies, broken bones, drowning, car seat safety)- this would be an additional hour to any of the above classes.
- Newborn care topics (swaddling, soothing techniques, bathing, safe bottle feeding, when to call a pediatrician, how to take a temperature)- this would be an additional hour to any of the above classes.
- Toddler care topics (picky eating, potty-training, positive discipline, toddler sleep tips)- this would be an additional hour to any of the above classes.
Pricing starts at the base rate of $400 for a 2-hour class. This fee provides education for up to 6 people. After that, it is an additional $35 per person. For a 3-hour class, the base rate of $550 provides education for up to 6 people. After that, it is an additional $50 per person. Teresa can teach up to 12 people per class.
Please complete the CPR form if you are interested in scheduling a CPR class. Once Teresa knows how many people you are expecting and which class you want, she will respond with a quote and her availability.