Sleep Consultations for families with infants, toddlers, and preschoolers, ages birth through five years old.
This phone-based service is available to families internationally.
Sleep, or the lack there-of, impacts all aspect of our lives: a child’s development and learning; a child’s health; a parent’s emotional, mental and physical wellness; parents’ relationship with one another; a parent’s ability to function at work; and the safety of the family.
Teresa ‘s REST approach follows these principles:
R- respect for your entire family
E- education for all involved with your child’s sleep (parents, grandparents, other caregivers)
S- solutions that feel comfortable and are practical for your family
T- techniques that support not only your child’s sleep, but also her health, emotional wellness, and development
Every family has a sleep story. What is yours?
If you’re seeking support around bedtime challenges, night wake-ups, too early mornings, or nap-time struggles, Teresa is here to help you achieve your sleep goals. Questions around transitioning out of the swaddle? Weaning off night-time feedings? Do you love co-sleeping with your baby, but also want to help your baby achieve more consolidated sleep? Is your toddler escaping the crib? Is your preschooler having nightmares?
Teresa has experience helping tired parents in all of these situations (and more!). Please read below about how to schedule a consultation and the different package options.
- Complete the sleep consultation form if you are interested in scheduling a consultation.
- The consultations are phone-based, which allows Teresa to help families from all over the US. Parents, grandparents and other caregivers (anyone involved with the child’s naps or night-time sleep) are welcome to be a part of the consultation. The consultation takes place on a conference line, so you can call in from different locations.
- Teresa will email you with her availability (which includes daytime, evening and weekend), a questionnaire for you to complete, information to read, and a worksheet for you to take notes on during the consultation.
- During the consultation, together we will create a plan that feels comfortable and practical to you as the parent, respects your child’s developmental stage and unique needs, and takes into consideration your family dynamics.
There are different packages you can choose:
Single child consultation:
- An initial (1 hour) phone-consultation and written overview of the plan is $249.
- An initial (1 hour) phone- consultation, written overview of the plan, and email support over a two week period as you’re implementing the plan, is $399.
Once you are an established client, follow-up consultations are available.
- A follow-up (30- minute) phone- consultation and written overview of the continued plan is $129.
- A follow-up (30- minute) phone -consultation, written overview of the continued plan, plus email support over a two week period as you’re implementing the plan, is $299.
Twins/ siblings consultation:
If you wish to discuss two children, we will need a longer initial consultation to ensure we have enough time to comprehensively create two plans.
- An initial sibling (approximately 80-90 minutes) phone- consultation, and a written overview of the plan is $359.
- An initial sibling (approximately 80-90 minutes) phone- consultation, written overview of the plan , plus email support over a two week period as you’re implementing the plan, is $499.
What families are saying...
“When our son was 4 months old my wife and I began reading some books on infants and sleep. We wanted to set him on a good sleeping course and prevent bad habits before they began. There seemed to be so many variables, and creating a plan for our son and his specific needs seemed daunting. After talking with Teresa we had a clear plan in place. Throughout the consultation she made sure we were comfortable with the plan. She didn’t have one way of doing things, but instead she wanted to make sure we felt comfortable that the choices would work for our family. What became so valuable and helpful to us was the follow up e-mails with Teresa. When things didn’t go as planned we were able to check in with Teresa to figure out how to get back on course and how to respond to problems that didn’t come up in the initial consultation. A month later we have made a lot of progress. We’re all still learning, and not every night or nap is perfect, but he goes to sleep much easier, stays asleep longer, and in the morning he greets us with big smiles.” ~ Channing and Brooke; Melrose, MA
“ As a first time mom,Teresa has been an invaluable resource to me. She taught a CPR class in my home for three couples, covering infant and toddler CPR (first aid too!). Our babies were about to turn 1 so she wanted to make sure we would be ready for an emergency should it arise now or in the next few years. I pray I’m never in a situation that requires the use of the information she provided us with, but I am extremely confident that I am prepared and would know what to do. A couple weeks later my son started experiencing major sleep problems, waking 4 to 5 times a night. I knew Teresa was a sleep consultant so I reached out to her again. She sent me a short questionnaire and we scheduled a phone consult. Within 5 days of the consult my son was only waking twice a night; now he wakes just once to nurse at 4:30 am. I couldn’t be happier! “ ~ Megan; Pembroke, MA
“Our third child’s difficulties with sleep threw us for a major loop, and after many sleepless nights, we hired Teresa for help. Our only regret is that we didn’t hire her earlier! Teresa carefully considered our daughter’s developmental stage, our own parenting style, and our family’s schedule in order to come up with a unique sleeping plan for her. As we implemented the plan, Teresa was readily available to answer questions, calm our concerns, and tweak the interventions as needed. We started seeing results immediately. Our five month-old daughter is now sleeping for much longer stretches during the day and night. We are so happy that we hired Teresa to help us get our daughter’s sleeping patterns on track and would highly recommend her to all tired parents!” ~ Joy and Matt; Dallas, TX
“My husband I have worked with Teresa several times in the past year. We feel very fortunate to have found her. We first connected with Teresa when our son was six months old. He was still waking up several times in the night, as well as struggling with naps. We were somewhat skeptical to do a sleep consultation over the phone. We were pleasantly surprised by how quickly Teresa seemed to understand our situation. It was as if she had met our son before. She listened to our goals and family dynamic and helped us implement a sleep action plan that would work for us. She also put us at ease that we were on the right track. We did two follow up consultations when our son was transitioning from 2 naps to 1. We were also able to ask questions on what to expect down the road, like when to begin to prepare for a toddler bed. Teresa was professional, thoughtful, and always willing to listen. She gave us the knowledge to help teach our son healthy sleep habits and we feel so lucky to have worked with her. We would HIGHLY recommend her !!!!” ~ Alyssa and Garrett; Greenland, NH
“Working with Teresa has been an invaluable resource during the first year and a half of our daughter’s life. Teresa has helped us through many daytime and nighttime sleep transitions and we couldn’t be happier with the wonderful little sleeper we have. Whether we were transitioning from a co-sleeper to crib, weaning off nighttime wake ups, or going from two naps down to one, we always trusted Teresa’s advice. With our input, she put together plans specifically tailored to our lifestyle, family schedule and comfort level. I would recommend Teresa to anyone whose child is having sleep issues. I believe that our daughter being a great sleeper has contributed to her being a happy, curious, well-rounded child.” ~ Liz and Jason; Somerville, MA