Sleep Consultations for families prenatally, with infants, toddlers, preschoolers, and young children ages birth through ten years old.
This phone-based service is available to families internationally.
Sleep, or the lack there-of, impacts all aspect of our lives: a child’s development and learning; a child’s health; a parent’s emotional, mental and physical wellness; parents’ relationship with one another; a parent’s ability to function at work; and the safety of the family. “My child isn’t sleeping” is just the tip of the iceberg. Teresa Stewart: Family Solutions is here to help you determine what is underneath this iceberg.
Teresa ‘s REST approach follows these principles:
R- respect for your entire family. *You* are the expert on your child. This is fully respected and honored in our work together.
E- education for all involved with your child’s sleep (parents, grandparents, other caregivers). Teresa will help you navigate conversations with others and provide resources that can be shared with all of your child’s caregivers.
S- solutions that feel comfortable to you as a parent and are practical for your family. This is important. If at any time, you’re uncomfortable with an option being discussed, let us know. We won’t be offended. We will discuss other options for consideration.
T- techniques that support not only your child’s sleep, but also her health, emotional wellness, and development. Teresa is not only a sleep consultant, but also holds a MS in Child Development, a MPH in Maternal and Child Health, and postgrad certificates in a number of emotional wellness and mental health areas. She is also trained as a childbirth educator and CPR/ safety instructor. This means you get the expertise of multiple professions rolled into one consultation!
Every family has a sleep story. What is yours?
If you’re seeking support around bedtime challenges, night wake-ups, too early mornings, or nap-time struggles, Teresa is here to help you achieve your sleep goals. Questions around transitioning out of the swaddle? Weaning off night-time feedings? Do you love co-sleeping with your baby, but also want to help your baby achieve more consolidated sleep? Is your toddler escaping the crib? Is your preschooler having nightmares? Are you having trouble with your child’s naps at childcare or preschool? Do you need your children to room-share and it’s not going well? Are you not sure where to begin with sleep expectations of your child?
Teresa has over 18 years of experience helping tired parents in all of these situations (and more!). Unlike other sleep consultants, she won’t insist on a certain technique or a specific sleep environment. You share YOUR goals and she will provide you with the tools and support to achieve them.
Please read below about how to schedule a consultation and the different package options.
- Complete the sleep consultation form if you are interested in scheduling a consultation.
- The consultations are phone-based, which allows Teresa to help families from all over the US. Parents, grandparents and other caregivers (anyone involved with the child’s naps or night-time sleep) are welcome to be a part of the consultation. The consultation takes place on a conference line, so you can call in from different locations. Arrangements can also be made with international clients- just ask!
- Teresa will email you with her availability (which includes daytime and evening hours, M-F. Sorry, she doesn’t conduct consultations on weekends. It’s important to her to have family time.), a contract, a questionnaire for you to complete, and a sleep assessment graph to start tracking your child’s sleep patterns.
- Payment is required within 24 business hours of you requesting a date, in order to confirm and reserve your appointment.
- Payment is nonrefundable. No exceptions to this. More details in the contract you’ll be sent.
- During the consultation, together we will create a plan that feels comfortable and practical to you as the parent, respects your child’s developmental stage and unique needs, and takes into consideration your family dynamics. Unlike some others in the field, Teresa does not create a plan pre-consult. The plan is created in collaboration with you! Please be prepared to take notes during our consultation.
- Within three-to-five business days after the consultation, you will receive a written copy of the plan we created together during the consultation. Applicable handouts and other resources will also be sent to you.
- If you have chosen the email support package, please note that the policy is for Teresa to responded within 36 business hours, Monday-Friday. Usually emails are answered quicker, but please allow for up to 36 business hours. Emails may be answered over the weekend, but it is not guaranteed. Business hours are M, T, and TH 9am-9pm EST; Wednesdays 9am-4:30pm EST; and Fridays 9am-2:30pm EST.
- Email support should begin within a week after the consultation, unless other arrangements were agreed upon during the consultation. The two week period is designed to be implemented in tandem with the consultation to ensure your success with the plan! More details around email support will be discussed on the contract.
- If you are seeking to work on your child’s nighttime sleep *and* naps, please be advised that 70% of clients will book 30 follow-up consultations after the initial consultation and email support period was utilized to work on naps after night goals are achieved. Teresa’s method is phase-based to reduce the stress of your family and enhance your success. She wishes she had a magic answer, but she doesn’t! Her goal for your family is long-term success. Long-term success happens when you are invested in creating the biological, developmental, and emotional foundations of sleep.
There are different packages you can choose:
Single child consultation:
- An initial (approximately 75 minute) phone-consultation and written overview of the plan we create together is $289.
- An initial (approximately 75 minute) phone- consultation, written overview of the plan, and email support/coaching over a two week period following the consultation as you’re implementing the plan, is $449.
If you wish to discuss twins, we will need a longer initial consultation since twins are their own unique people with different temperaments, developmental considerations, and biological needs.
- An initial twin (approximately 90 minutes) phone- consultation, and a written overview of the plans is $369.
- An initial twin (approximately 90 minutes) phone- consultation, written overview of the plan we create together, and email support/coaching over a two week period following the consultation as you’re implementing the plans, is $499.
Siblings (two of different ages) consultation:
If you wish to discuss two children of different ages, we will need a longer initial consultation to ensure we have enough time to comprehensively create two plans.
- An initial sibling (approximately 110 minutes) phone- consultation, and a written overview of the plans is $439.
- An initial sibling (approximately 110 minutes) phone- consultation, written overview of the plan we create together, and email support/coaching over a two week period following the consultation as you’re implementing the plans, is $649.
Once you are an established client, follow-up (30 -40 minute) consultations are available for four months after an initial consultation.
- A follow-up (30-40 minute) phone- consultation and written overview of the continued plan is $179.
- A follow-up (30- 40 minute) phone-consultation, written overview of the continued plan, and email support/coaching over a two week period following the consultation as you’re implementing the plan, is $349.
Once you are an established client, if you are seeking a follow-up consultation for the same child/children previously discussed and it has been more than four months after an initial consultation, OR you are seeking a consultation for another child, I offer a 10% discount on one of the full length consultation options listed above.